Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Disabilities Awareness Pin #2: Explain how your school helps students with disabilities

Today I visited my new elementary school and met the principal. He is a nice guy and he took us on a tour of the school. They have a big, BIG library- it even had computers to help you find the book your are looking for and to help you with your homework. I asked him about kids with disabilities and he said that they school has cushions for their desk chairs, special teachers to help with their work, special buttons to open the doors for them and things to make it easier for them to write and use the computer. I asked if the school had elevators and ramps and he said they didn't need those because they didn't have any stairs. It's just one story high, with an east wing and a west wing.

I think that this school is the best school in the world because it got rated 8 out of 10 in the ratings website and because they do a lot to help their students with disabilities.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Rory:

    I think it is pretty cool that you got to learn all about kids with diabilities. I also think it is really awesome that you have your own blog. Keep writing and I'll keep reading!

    Take care and love you!
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete