Saturday, October 13, 2012

Citizenship in the Nation: An Important American Speech




I chose to watch Martin Luther King's famous "I Have a Dream speech." I watched the whole thing.
Martin Luther King Jr. was protesting for blacks to be treated equally. He was a minister and a civil rights leader. This speech was important because blacks were not treated equally as whites, he was hoping to get people to finally give blacks the same rights as white people. Blacks now have equal rights, but it's important to remember this speech because it was one of the biggest protests for freedom ever in our nations history. Now there are protests for gays and lesbians to be able to get married. I think that Martin Luther King Jr's speech applies to that as well. My favorite part of the speech was when he was telling them that he would not give up until each state would give black people the same rights as white people.

No comments:

Post a Comment