Friday, June 25, 2010

Weather Pin #5: 4. Make a report to your den or family on a book about weather.

I read a book from the Discovery Channel called Super Storms that Rocked the World. I got it from my school book order. I learned about volcanoes that have errupted, like Mount St. Helens, where pilots got fried from the erruption. I read about tsumanis, like the one that happened in Asia. I think that anyone who would try to surf a tsunami is idiotic! Reading about Mount St. Helens was my favorite part, but it also had parts about avalanches, floods and tornadoes too. Even a dust bowl that happened in America in the 1930's, which was a bad thing that happened because there wasn't enough weather- which is it's own kind of natural disaster! Here's a picture of Mount St. Helens when it errupted:

No comments:

Post a Comment