Sunday, July 3, 2011

BSA Art Badge: Requirement 4


Yesterday, my mom and dad took me to the Detroit Art Museum (the DIA). We walked around for a very long time and saw LOTS of different art. I liked seeing the Japanese art and the Egyptian mummies. It was cool, because I could see statues of lots of the Egyptian gods that I'm reading about in the Kane Chronicles right now- they had Bes and Bast and Sekmet and Horus statues. I also liked seeing the armor that the Knights wore and the tomahawks that the Native Americans used to use. We got to use an iPad to learn more about the big, BIG mural that is my Dad's favorite part of the DIA. I liked the guys in gas masks. My mom liked the seed baby part. We walked around for a very long time and after we left, I threw up. But before we left, we went to the gift shop and I got things from my favorite parts of the museum: a little red Bast statue, two wooden camels, a wooden alligator and a lucky cat from Japan.

I really liked the art museum, but I did not like throwing up.


No comments:

Post a Comment